Days Like These is a new exhibition which shares the stories of Salford in 2020, using paintings, photographs, films and poetry contributed by some of the 245,000 residents of the city - from empty Salford streets and the joy of reuniting, to the impact on frontline workers and the challenges of being alone. The exhibition wants to reflect the hopes and fears of everyone, then and now, and after you have seen the exhibition, we hope you contribute too.
Alongside is a new display of the best of Salford’s own LS Lowry – an artist known for his paintings of crowded city streets, and vast empty landscapes.
Together they open from 1 November 2020.
The exhibition forms part of the Spirit of Salford initiative – a scheme designed to celebrate the unique personality and pioneering spirit of Salford.
• The Galleries will open on Sunday 1 November and then for weekends only and booking is essential.
• Our opening hours will be 11-4 on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Social distancing measures are in place together with a one-way system
• Visits to the gallery will be via timed entry slots so please ensure you arrive on time (late comers may be declined entry)
• All tickets must be bought in advance and there is a maximum number of 6 tickets per booking.
• All tickets within a particular group must be purchased by one booker and each group must consist of one household or support bubble.
• When you arrive at The Lowry temperature checks and security controls will be in place.
• Face coverings are mandatory at all times throughout the venue and entry will be denied if face coverings are not worn.
• No food or drink will be allowed into the galleries.
• Always follow instructions given by our staff as well as signage and notifications to ensure the safety of everyone in the building and maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles at all times.
Do not attend the venue and contact us immediately if you:
• believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
• have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
• have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
• have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
• have been instructed to self-isolate.
These measures are designed to keep everyone safe and ensure that everyone has a great time. Please respect our staff at all times as they implement these measures for everyone's wellbeing - and most importantly we hope you enjoy your visit!
Please take a look at our FAQs in advance of your visit. – www.thelowry.com/coronavirus